Head of department
Rev. Joseph Kintu
Married to Elizabeth Kintu, with 4 children.
He holds a Diploma in Secondary Education and Bachelor’s Degree in Divinity of
Uganda Christian University.
He was ordained Deacon on 25 th /08/2013 and Priested in November 2013.
Core mandate of the department
- Promoting Christian values in church founded schools.
- Improving academic performance in our schools.
- Producing reliable professionals to serve the Lord in different fields of calling.
Approach used to execute the mandate
- Influencing posting of Christian Head teachers.
- Supervising schools and ensuring presence of the church in our schools.
- Posting chaplains in our schools to promote Christian values.
- To produce a Christian modelled servants.
- To maintain the presence of the church in schools.
- To preach the gospel in schools.
- Chaplaincy programs.
- Pilgrim activities to Kyando.
- High school Mega Move.
Annual targets this year
- Head teachers prayer day.
- Schools’ pilgrimage day to Bishop Hannington memorial site at Kyando.
- School supervision.
Achievements for the last three years
- Church involvement in identifying Head teachers for the church founded schools.
- Supervision of schools.
- Successful Head teachers’ prayer day.
- Schools’ pilgrimage day to Kyando.
Soaring to great heights in our schools
Scope of coverage
10 archdeaconries with about 40 secondary schools and about 300 Primary schools